Components WorkWhop Report for Delphi Linux Unigui and Apache

General TRichView support forum. Please post your questions here
kaki

Components WorkWhop Report for Delphi Linux Unigui and Apache

Post by kaki »

Hello everyone, I have been evaluating your components for the Delphi report editor. We are involved in a Web project with Delphi, Unigui (Apache module), deployed on a Linux server.

Would these components work under this type of development environment? Are there any concrete examples?

Thanks
Sergey Tkachenko
Site Admin

Re: Components WorkWhop Report for Delphi Linux Unigui and Apache

Post by Sergey Tkachenko »

Sorry, the components were not tested on a server environment.
However, Linux is supported (FMXLinux is required), and all FireMonkey demo projects for ReportWorkshop can be compiled and ran on Linux.
If you do not need a user interface, you can use a non-visual component TRVReportHelper.RichView instead of an editor.
The trial version can be compiled for Linux (providing that you have the proper version of FMXLinux)
kaki

Post by kaki »

Thanks for the reply. We need a user interface so they can customize their report templates. Question: Have you not tested this on a web server with linux and apache? Or is it 100% likely that it will not work?
Sergey Tkachenko
Site Admin

Post by Sergey Tkachenko »

I you can create Delphi application with FMX Linux for this OS, am sure that TRichView and ReportWorkshop will work on it as well.
The only specific Linux requirement for TRichView: pango library version at least 1.44 must be installed.
kaki

Post by kaki »

Great, thank you very much, I will try to test it and let you know. Regards